Now that it’s finally October, it’s time for one of the year’s most celebrated traditions: the choosing and carving of a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern. Thankfully, there are a ton of pumpkin patches near Ottawa, IL from which to choose:
- Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm in Minooka
- Boggio’s Orchard in Granville
- Kuiper’s Family Farm in Maple Park
- Dollinger Family Farm in Channahon
- Tanners Orchard in Speer
- Jonamac Orchards in Malta
- Siegel’s Pumpkin Farm in Lockport
- And here’s a great resource to find even more pumpkin patches throughout Illinois.
When choosing a pumpkin, be sure to pick one that doesn’t have any major bruising. Also, if you choose a pumpkin with a flat bottom, it will be easy for the pumpkin to stand up on its own.
And if you happen to be driving past us here at Sierra Volkswagen during Halloween, consider stopping by to check out one of our many available vehicles!